5 Facts About Granite Table Tops
When it comes to choosing the right table top for your restaurant, there are many different materials to consider. From mahogany to marble, the vastness of choices can easily become overwhelming. Granite has become a popular choice in recent years for many reasons, but there are still a lot of misconceptions when it comes to this remarkable material. Here are 5 facts about granite table tops that are worth considering when deciding if this is the right option for your restaurant.
1. One of the best facts about granite table tops is the impressive durability. Once properly sealed, it is resistant to pretty much everything. It can only be scratched by the hardest materials, such as diamond or other granite, it is resistant to extreme temperatures, and it can ward off liquids and chemicals. It is one the most reliable options for high-traffic restaurants. As long as you follow the basic cleaning recommended for this material, granite tables are a great investment.
2. Another one of the most important facts about granite tables is they are mostly stain resistant. Many restaurant owners choose not to go with granite because they believe it stains easily and permanently. However, this material is highly resistant to stains and spills can be cleaned quickly and easily to prevent any issues from arising. It should be noted that while granite is stain resistant, it is not stain-proof so care should still be taken, especially with chemicals.
3. A commonly known fact for this material is that it gets dark when it absorbs water. This does not stain the stone, however, as the water will evaporate out of the stone in time. However, these dark spots can take away from the look of the table. Consider the location and use of your table when deciding on the right material. For places such as bars, constant exposure to water in various places can create an uneven look. For more general eating areas and decoration, however, they will work perfectly.
4. A common concern with granite is that it is difficult to keep clean, as the many different pores and microscopic faults in the stone will harbor bacteria and germs. This is no more true for this stone than any other surface and properly sealed granite is as clean as anything. When keeping your table top sanitary, a simple clean with warm water and soap is enough to ensure it is healthy.
5. Granite is the hardest natural stone in the world. This natural stone is beautiful and long-lasting because of the hardness it possesses. While granite is typically an indoor table, it can be used outdoors due to the incredible strength of the stone.
There are many misconceptions when it comes to granite table tops. Hopefully, these facts have helped to clear some up to allow you to make an informed decision for your restaurant.